Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I love the Weekly Times and their recipe's. This is a fabulous tart. Plums, Peaches or Berries can be substituted for the Apricots. I am not great at pastry but found this one easy.
- To make the pastry: Dice the butter, and then pulse with the flour in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the yoghurt and continue to pulse until the dough starts to incorporate into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll the chilled pastry out until it is 3mm thick and line a 23cm spring form tart tin. Chill pastry for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 220°C Spread the almond meal evenly over the dough; arrange the prepared apricot halves over the top, cut side down.
- Bake until the pastry crust is golden brown and the fruit is tender, 25-30 minutes. Transfer the tart to a wire rack; let cool.
- Heat the apricot jam in a large saucepan until warmed. Brush the top of the tart generously with the jam; then sprinkle with the almonds.
- Let cool completely before serving. Serve with cream or Ice-Cream if desired.