Yummy muffins that are easily diabetic adaptable with very few changes. Directions for mini muffins are included.
- 3⁄4 cup chunky unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup margarine (melted) or 1⁄3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about nine 2 1/2-inch squares)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F Grease bottom only of 12 medium muffins cups, 2 1/2 x 1 1/4-inches, or line with paper baking cups.
- Beat applesauce, brown sugar,margarine and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except raisins just until flour is moistened.
- Fold in raisins.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be almost full).
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- Mini Applesauce-Graham Muffins: Grease bottom only of 24-small muffin cups, 1 3/4 x 1 inch.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be very full).
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. 24 mini muffins.
They don't rise a lot but they're plenty of flavour. We ate them hot from the oven as breakfast :P Thanks Annacia. Made for Photo tag Game :)