Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A copycat recipe of the sauteed Chardonnay mushrooms at Applebee's. A quick add-on that is wonderful over steak. Found online.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Clean and quarter mushrooms.
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic in butter, stirring often, for 4 min or until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and immediately pour Chardonnay onto mushrooms.
- Add parsley and toss to coat.
These are the best mushrooms ever! I have eaten them at Applebee's and have always tried to duplicate them. It NEVER worked for me,,,, dont get me wrong they tasted okay! But when I found this recipe -- I hit the mother load in my house hold! The family LOVED them,,, I served them with BBQ tri-tip.... Very Very Very NICE.... Thank you for the recipe. I will use over and over again! Thank you!
These are great! I served them along side of grilled (very plain) steaks. They have a lot of flavor. I used cremini mushrooms and a cheap chardonnay. Yum! :)
Too strong for 2/3 of our family. I agree with the previous review, they would probably be good over a plain steak.