Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Applebee's famous Bourbon Street Steak.
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks, 11/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine bourbon, brown sugar, salt, and pepper over steaks.
- Preheat grill.
- Place steaks on grill and cook for 13 minutes for rare, 17 for medium or 20 for well done, turning once during cooking.
This recipe is good and simple, but not the REAL top secret Appleebees recipe! Go to www.topsecretrecipes.com
For a closer to Applebee's taste, decrease brown sugar to 1 Tbs. and add cajun seasoning from your local grocery store to taste. Marinate steaks for 30 minutes or so.
I worked for Applebee's for 2 years and ate this steak many times. The steak was not in the least bit sweet it was spicy or cajun style. This cannot be the correct recipe.