Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cake is sooo simple and really very good. It's very moist...I made it two days ago and it's still very moist. It might be good with a little whipped cream or some ice cream, but it's very good all by itself! I got this recipe from Taste of Home's "44 Meals Under $10". It was submitted by Reba Savoie.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9x2 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This is a moist, delicious and extremely simple to make cake. It's best with some Cool Whip.
Good easy cake. I think next time I would chop the pie filling into smaller bits and maybe use a bundt pan. I wasn't sure 2Tb of oil would make it moist enough, but it did. Thanks!