Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a delightful little autumn-themed dressing for salads. Another variation on this recipe is to omit the cinnamon and nutmeg and replace with one quarter teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. From Canada's Garden Greens' cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil or 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well.
- Shake dressing well just before serving.
- Best prepared at least 1 hour in advance for optimum flavor.
This makes for a super yummy dressing! The cinnamon, garlic and apple cider vinegar go so well with the olive oil and other spices. Mmmm! I used this to dress your recipe #191018 and it was a lovely addition!
I did reduce the amount of oil and vinegar used as I only needed a smaller quantity, but kept the spices the same. It was very nice that way!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this recipe here with us, CG!
Made and reviewed for our VIP Queen during Veggie Swap #33 April 2011.
January 2012: I just have to comment again on this delightful simple yet very special dressing: I LOVE it! :) This time I made half the recipe reducing the oil a tad but other than that stuck to the recipe and enjoyed it as always. The spices are perfect and it worked so well with my feta-corn-tomato-lettuce salad. Yum!
THANK YOU SO MUCH once again for sharing this delicious dressing with us, CG!
YUMMO. I used this atop a simple carrot, apple and raisin salad (I threw in some pepitas for good measure) and it was PERFECT. I did add a little maple syrup in with the dressing as I wanted it to have a touch of sweetness, but wanted to continue with the Autumn Theme of the dressing. Excellent, easy dressing. Thanks for posting!
Really sweet dressing. It goes wel with arugala and herbs.