Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wow is this yummy!
Make and share this Apple Pie Surprise Diabetic recipe from Food.com.
- 6 apples, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Mix together cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a saucepan, add apples, water and half of of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cook until almost tender.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Melt butter and cut into dry ingredients with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture until crumbly.
- Turn apple mixture into 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle crumbs on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
It was great I used splenda and added lemon juice to the mix, came out really good.