Recipe by JustaQT
A delightful potpourri with real apple slices and spices, to make your house smell wonderful!
- 1 small apple, made into dried apple slices (see below)
- 1 cup carnation fresh edible flower, pink and red,dried
- cinnamon stick, broken into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 drops vanilla fragrance oil (at your craft store)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dried Apple Slices: Preheat your oven to 150 degrees.
- Slice the unpeeled apple in very thin slices and lay in a single layer on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with vegetable oil spray and bake for 30 minutes.
- You can sprinkle a little cinnamon on top to make these cinnamon dried apples.
- Let the dried apple cool for about ten minutes before adding to the other ingredients.
- In a lidded glass jar (a Mason jar is perfect) combine all of the ingredients of the potpourri mixture, and gently combine with a wooden spoon.
- Cover tightly.
- This mixture will keep for months.
- To use, place about a tablespoon into 2 cups of boiling water.
- Turn down the heat and let the mixture simmer gently to release all of the wonderful apple pie scent!