Top Review by Gigina
That's all you have to do is rename them. They don't taste or look anything like brownies, but instead .. perhaps an orange cake. I served them with powdered sugar on top, and they were delicious!
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup nuts, chopped, raisins or dates
- to taste icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and remove from heat. Add brown sugar. Mix well. Stir in apple sauce, eggs, orange peel and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Stir into apple sauce mixture. Pour into a greased 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 325 F for 30-40 minutes.
- Cut into squares while still warm and roll in icing sugar.