Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Melt butter and remove from heat. Add brown sugar. Mix well. Stir in apple sauce, eggs, orange peel and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Stir into apple sauce mixture. Pour into a greased 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 325 F for 30-40 minutes.
- Cut into squares while still warm and roll in icing sugar.
That's all you have to do is rename them. They don't taste or look anything like brownies, but instead .. perhaps an orange cake. I served them with powdered sugar on top, and they were delicious!