Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another maple sugar Quebec recipe. I made this recipe so often for family, one of my daughter's favorite desserts.
- 1 cup maple sugar (or 1 cup brown sugar and 2 teaspoons maple extract) or 1 cup maple syrup (or 1 cup brown sugar and 2 teaspoons maple extract)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups of chopped apples
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl soften the margarine or butter.
- Add the beaten egg and maple sugar (or the brown sugar and maple extract).
- In a seperate mixing bowl sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the flour mix to the sugar mixture, and mix well.
- Add the chopped apples and almonds, mix well to coat all the apples and almonds.
- Pour into buttered cake mold or dessert molds.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with maple syrup and ice cream or whipped cream.