Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Simple and yummy--this dessert is perfect for fall.
Top Review by krp
I've made this cobbler a number of times - for family, for friends, and for a dinner club. It has been well received every time. I do add apple pie spice to taste as the apple pie filling is cooking to give it flavor - otherwise it is very bland. Serve warm with ice cream is a must. Also, I serve smaller portions (which are still filling) so I get more than 8 servings. More like 12 or so.
- 1 (14 ounce) package gingerbread mix, divided
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 2 cups gingerbread mix and 3/4 cup water until smooth; set mixture aside.
- Stir together remaining gingerbread mix and brown sugar; cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- Combine apple pie filling and remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes over medium heat or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon hot apple mixture evenly into a lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Spoon gingerbread mixture evenly over hot apple mixture; sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Serve cobbler with vanilla ice cream.