Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Eggrolls for Dessert!
Make and share this Apple Egg Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Peel and Chop Apples (pieces should be about the size of peas).
- Melt Butter in a saute pan on MEDIUM. Add Brown Sugar and Cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add Apples to Butter/Sugar Mixture, saute until Apples begin to soften (about 3-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Divide Apple mixture between 12 eggroll wrappers. Roll eggrolls and seal with water if needed (instructions for how to roll eggrolls can be found on the outside of the eggroll wrapper).
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust generously with powdered sugar.
Delish! I actually made "caramel apple" egg rolls by adding some caramel pieces to the rolls in step 5. I didn't have granny smith apples, just used some little red ones I had excess of. These were a hit with DH, we made them together for our 5th wedding anniversary.
I used a mix of granny smith and gala, added about 2 Tbsp. of caramel ice cream topping while sauteing the apples, since the mixture was so thin and the liquid stayed behind in the pan, but it gave good flavor - pan fried the egg rolls, turned out great
Really good! I used granny smith apples. Next time I'll think I'll add caramel also to it or something else. A great building block recipe.