This is from a newspaper clipping quite a few years ago..reminded me of it when I had a piece of apple dumpling pie at Bob Evans..I think mine is much better..!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
RAISIN WALNUT MIX
- 1Prepare pie plate with bottom crust.
- 2to prepare the WALNUT RAISIN FILLING:.
- 3combine all ingredients in a food processor, pulse till mixture is finely ground to make filling.
- 4select an oven proof skillet, melt butter over medium heat, then stir in brown sugar, and preserves.about 30 seconds, till bubbly.
- 5Do not peel apples.the peels help hold them together.
- 6Cut each apple in half.core each apple.You will have (8) halves.
- 7Place apple halves in the pie pan.cut side down.6 on the outside, 1 in the center.
- 8Dice remaining apple half, and scatter pieces between the apples.
- 9Preheat ovento 400*.
- 10Spoon some of the raisin mixture into each apple half.press down with finger.
- 11Sprinkle left over between apples.
- 12Top with pastry top.
- 13Bake at 400*.lower heat and finish till golden brown at 360*.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Dumpling Pie..
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.4
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 378.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g