Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from a newspaper clipping quite a few years ago..reminded me of it when I had a piece of apple dumpling pie at Bob Evans..I think mine is much better..!!
- Prepare pie plate with bottom crust.
- to prepare the WALNUT RAISIN FILLING:.
- combine all ingredients in a food processor, pulse till mixture is finely ground to make filling.
- select an oven proof skillet, melt butter over medium heat, then stir in brown sugar, and preserves.about 30 seconds, till bubbly.
- Do not peel apples.the peels help hold them together.
- Cut each apple in half.core each apple.You will have (8) halves.
- Place apple halves in the pie pan.cut side down.6 on the outside, 1 in the center.
- Dice remaining apple half, and scatter pieces between the apples.
- Preheat ovento 400*.
- Spoon some of the raisin mixture into each apple half.press down with finger.
- Sprinkle left over between apples.
- Top with pastry top.
- Bake at 400*.lower heat and finish till golden brown at 360*.