Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have to put my many apple trees to good use, right? This dessert is a treat to look at once finished. Oh yeah, I guess it's yummy too! ;)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Bake pastry shell at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat sour cream, condensed milk, 1/4 cup concentrate, egg, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pastry shell; bake 30 minutes or until set. Cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, and remaining concentrate and cinnamon; mix well. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook apples in butter until crisp-tender. Arrange on top of pie; drizzle with glaze. Serve warm or chilled.