Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Boneless chicken in a light apple curry sauce. Serve on top of rice or noodles.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 apple, chopped fine
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cream
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and saute the curry powder, apple and onion until the onion is transparent Add the soup and cream and combine.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Salt and paprika the chicken and place the pieces in a layer on a shallow buttered baking pan.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken and bake uncovered at 350 for 60 minutes (or until chicken is very tender).
This is good (got better the next day) but is nothing special. I used low-fat soup & milk instead of cream -- it would probably be better with the full fat variety. Flavor is somewhat bland but an interesting change from the usual chicken dishes.