Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 47 mins
Another recipe from a Pillsbury-Bakeoff 1986. Sounds yummy!
Make and share this Apple Coffee Cakes Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375. Grease 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom or 8 inch square pan. In small bowl, beat 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 eggs; stir in lemon peel, yogurt and 3 T. butter. Add flour, baking powder and salt to egg mixture; blend well. Pour into greased pan. Arrange apple slices on top of dough, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with 2 T. sugar and the almonds.
- Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients; blend well. Slowly pour over almonds and allow mixture to soak into hot cake. Broil 5 to 6 minutes from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.