Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A very crunchy, sweet & healthy fruit snack!
- Slice apples VERY thin and lay in single layer on parchment lined pans. I used 2 apples and it took up 2 pans.
- Spray with the Pam spray coating (this allows the spice to adhere).
- Sprinkle the Apple slices with Apple Pie Spice. You could also use Cinnamon, Cinnamon Sugar.whatever your taste preference. I choose to not use sugar as the sugars in the apples really concentrates as they bake.
- Bake @ 200 f for approx 1.5 hours, till crispy.(I flipped the slices halfway through.).
- The apples will firm up a bit more after taking from the oven.
- Let cool and enjoy!
This is THE perfect snack!!! I used Gala Apples...no cinnamon or Pam. My search for a low cost, crunchy and healthy snack is finally over. I'll be making a tray of these every morning for the rest of my life! Goodbye potato chip cravings.
Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe MaMere!
I think I have been living under a rock for years. Where were these when I was looking for a healthy sweet snack that wasn't labour intensive? Never mind. I have this recipe now. They are truly wonderful. I used Honey Crisp apples and a mandolin to slice them thinly. The apples were large so they took up 3 baking sheets. I can't imagine adding sugar as the end result was already sweet enough. I turned off the oven when they were almost done and just left them there until after dinner. Around 9pm I went to get a few. I'm going to have a real problem here as I just could not stop eating them There wasn't one crumb left by11 and DH never got even got to try them. Thanks so much for posting this MaMere!
These apple chips are Delicious!! A perfect Fall treat! They are crispy and crunchy like tater chips but, tastes like apple pie. I used Envy apples that are sweet and full of apple flavor. Using sweet apples gives a natural sweetness to the apple chips without adding any extra sugar making it a healthy snack for kids and adults. Thanks for sharing this recipe, MaMere! :)