Recipe by Miss Erin C.
This is from the Nestle Toll House cookbook. I have never tried this recipe and am posting it in response to a request.
Top Review by hungry4more
Not worth the work of removing teh core from the apple. When I cut the apples the the filling just fell out. It was a very tasty filling though, but it would have been a lot easier just to cut up the apples normally and put the filling on top.
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the core from each apple, leaving a 1-1/4 inch diameter cavity down the center, set aside In a blender, process the chocolate chips until they are chopped.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped chocolate chips with the last 3 ingredients.
- Stuff each apple with the mixture.
- Wrap each apple in plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled.
- When ready to serve, cut each apple crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.