Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the Nestle Toll House cookbook. I have never tried this recipe and am posting it in response to a request.
- Remove the core from each apple, leaving a 1-1/4 inch diameter cavity down the center, set aside In a blender, process the chocolate chips until they are chopped.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped chocolate chips with the last 3 ingredients.
- Stuff each apple with the mixture.
- Wrap each apple in plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled.
- When ready to serve, cut each apple crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
Not worth the work of removing teh core from the apple. When I cut the apples the the filling just fell out. It was a very tasty filling though, but it would have been a lot easier just to cut up the apples normally and put the filling on top.
These were a huge hit at our house. My daughter and I were making supper together and she chose these to make for dessert. My husband and I loved these so much we made a few more for ourselves for snacks!! We uses craisens instead of raisens because my daughter doesn't like raisens.
Wow, I can't believe that I have never rated this. I found and made this recipe about 1 1/2 years ago but just never reviewed it. I'm very sorry that it has taken me so long to review it. It was an absolutely wonderful recipe that I used for a client of mine who was trying to loose a little weight. When I would make them for her I would always eat any left overs that I would have, and then I just started making my own batches. I made this recipe religiously for atleast 6 monthes, and ate one of these apples everything morning before my run. I love this recipe! Thanx for posting!