Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is wonderful with roast pork.
Make and share this Apple Cabbage Strudel recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven 400' degrees F.
- Spray 15 x 10 x 2 inch jellyroll with cooking spray.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over medium heat until hot.
- Add cabbage& onion; cover, cook 5 min.
- Combine cabbage mixture, apples and raisins in a large bowl.
- Combine sour cream& mustard add to cabbage mixture, stir well.
- Set aside.
- Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, brush sheet with butter.
- Placing one on top of the other.
- Spoon cabbage mixture lengthwise down one-third of phyllo stack, leaving a 1 inch border.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over filling.
- Starting with the longest side, roll up jellyroll fashion, place seam side down, diagonally on jelly roll pan tuck ends under brush with butter.
- Diagonally cut 1/4 inch deep slashes about 2 inches apart across top.
- Bake at 400' degrees F 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I love this recipe. I decided to vary it a little bit by omitting the cheese. Then I used one sheet of phyllo to make egg roll sized strudels and baked for around 30 minutes until light brown. I served them with some Carrot Ginger soup and it made a nice, light supper. I'll bet they would be great as a little appetizer and can be made ahead of time, kept in the refrigerator just before baking. Thanks LDJ for posting such an interesting and delicious recipe.