Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from either TOH or QC. Want to try, as I love butterscotch.
- 9 inches premade pie shells
- 5 cups sliced tart apples, peeled
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- ice cream or whipped cream
- Line a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with pastry; trim away excess.
- Arrange apples in pastry shell; sprinkle butterscotch chips over apples.
- Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture over filling.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Remove side of tart pan.
- Serve warm with ice cream.