Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I recently discovered the merits of apple butter as a baking ingredient, and wanted to share my discovery.
Top Review by laralulu
I made this last night in an effort to change up my pumpkin pie I do every year and it was AMAZING! I made 2 and the only thing I changed on the second pie is I used 5 tablespoons of butter in the streusel but I think 4 would be PERFECT! 3 like the recipe calls for was too dry for my liking but we are eating them all today at work and everyone LOVES it.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat to 375 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, apple butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, eggs, and evaporated milk. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted two inches from center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, mix together butter, flour, sugar, and pecans until they resemble coarse crumbs.
- Top pie with streusel topping and bake for an additional 15 minutes.