Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a tasty crumble recipe I got from one of my treasured cookbooks, a book I got from my Cookbook Swap partner just this month!
- 1 3⁄4 cups apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal (or something similar)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed, divided
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored & cut into 8 wedges each
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & butter a 11"x7" baking dish.
- In a saucepan, bring cider to boil, then remove from heat & stir in apricots & cranberries. Let stand 20 minutes, then drain, but reserve the cider.
- In a bowl, mix apricots, cranberries, cereal, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of the flour & 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- In another (large) bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, remaining 4 tablespoons flour & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. To this this, add reserved cider, honey & vanilla, stirring to mix.
- To this large bowl, add apples & toss to coat.
- Pour the apple mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top evenly with apricot/cranberry/cereal mixture, then bake about 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly, & serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.