1 hr 25 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
Here's a tasty crumble recipe I got from one of my treasured cookbooks, a book I got from my Cookbook Swap partner just this month!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup Grape-nuts cereal (or something similar)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed, divided
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored & cut into 8 wedges each
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & butter a 11"x7" baking dish.
- 2In a saucepan, bring cider to boil, then remove from heat & stir in apricots & cranberries. Let stand 20 minutes, then drain, but reserve the cider.
- 3In a bowl, mix apricots, cranberries, cereal, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of the flour & 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- 4In another (large) bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, remaining 4 tablespoons flour & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. To this this, add reserved cider, honey & vanilla, stirring to mix.
- 5To this large bowl, add apples & toss to coat.
- 6Pour the apple mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 7Top evenly with apricot/cranberry/cereal mixture, then bake about 55 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven, cool slightly, & serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Apricot-Cranberry Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 68.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g