Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our family loves this dish, sweet but not overly so, good for holiday season.
- 3 medium yams, peeled and sliced in thick slices
- 5 green pippin apples or 5 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- cinnamon sugar, to taste
- In a casserole dish alternate apples and yam until dish covered.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over yams and apples.
- Bake in oven until yam is tender.
An excellent Yam and apple dish, but the instructions leave something to be desired. I baked them for 40 minutes in a 350F degree oven, the top slices turned out a wee bit black on the edges but did not effect the flavours. I also added a bit of becel margarine, the ended up quite juicey and tender. i would make them again, we enjoyed the simple flavours. I cut the recipe back to one small yam and one large apple. Thanks for posting.