Recipe by WJKing
This is a nice, warm, RICH appetizer. It's great for those fall & winter get-togethers, and can even be kept in the crock pot to serve, as you wish!
Top Review by Jules226
This was easy and amazingly delicious! I tossed the ingredients together quickly before running out the door to a get-together -- I used turkey and 2% Velveeta. When we got there, we plugged in the slow cooker and left for an event. When we came back, we gave it a stir and it was ready to eat. We ate it with scoop tortilla chips. People liked it so much that they skipped using their plates altogether and just stood next to the slow cooker scooping it straight out! Definitely adding this to my party food repertoire. Thanks!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 small onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown burger and onion.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, corn chips, Doritos, etc.
- Variation: 8 oz mild taco sauce may be used instead of the green chili/tomatoes.
- Drain slightly before adding if you use this as a substitute ingredient.