Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 kg raw spinach
- 25 g butter
- 50 g lard, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped (or 1 onion of out of season)
- 300 g flour
- 30 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 g olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- Clean and rinse the spinach well, cook them slowly in a pan covered with a lid without adding water; squeeze and chop finely.
- Brown chopped lard in butter, add smashed garlic and the spring onions. As they are golden (med fire) add the spinach. Regulate salt.
- Make a dough kneading the flour with the butter, a pinch of sald and as much water as enough (about 150cc + olive oil).
- Line a round baking pan with the dough; fill it with the spinach mixture.
- Beat the eggs (yolk first and white as needed) with parmesan and pour over the spinach, without mixing. Cover with a disk of dough, pierce it with fork, seal the borders.
- Bake at 180C for about 30 mins.