1 hr 30 mins
Chef Otaktay's Note:
A fine recipe learned from my Apache Princess=]
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The jerky should be pounded out on a metate into flakes and fried with the onions in an iron frying pan, using about 2 tablespoons of lard to fry.
- 2Pour the flour into a 1/2 quart pan, add the salt and then the water.
- 3Knead these ingredients together until able to handle without sticking to hands. You might need to add water or more flour to form round dough tortillas about 6 inches in diameter.
- 4Put 3 or 4 tablespoons of fried jerky and onions in the center of the tortilla.
- 5Pinch tortilla (dough) together forming a round dumpling.
- 6Put dumpling in a deep pan of bowling water for about 2 minutes, then take out.
- 7Its ready to eat while still warm.
Nutritional Facts for Apache Tomale Cho
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: