Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A fine recipe learned from my Apache Princess=]
Make and share this Apache Tomale Cho recipe from Food.com.
- The jerky should be pounded out on a metate into flakes and fried with the onions in an iron frying pan, using about 2 tablespoons of lard to fry.
- Pour the flour into a 1/2 quart pan, add the salt and then the water.
- Knead these ingredients together until able to handle without sticking to hands. You might need to add water or more flour to form round dough tortillas about 6 inches in diameter.
- Put 3 or 4 tablespoons of fried jerky and onions in the center of the tortilla.
- Pinch tortilla (dough) together forming a round dumpling.
- Put dumpling in a deep pan of bowling water for about 2 minutes, then take out.
- Its ready to eat while still warm.