Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A great meal for any time of the day. My daughter and I usually eat it for dinner and then have the leftovers for breakfast the next day.
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes spinach (or 1 16 oz bag)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 6 crackers
- salt & pepper
- Thaw spinach in microwave or on stove top.
- In a bowl beat 6 eggs and add milk (optional). Mix in 1 cup of your favorite cheese, we like co jack, mozzarella or a blend of the two.
- Next place thawed and drained spinach in casserole dish and pour egg/cheese mixture over the top. Do a light stir and then sprinkle crushed crackers and top with pats of butter and a light layer of cheese.
- Place in 350°F oven until casserole is firm in the center. About 35-45 minutes depending on oven. Casserole will settle upon cooling.
- Flavor with salt and pepper, a dash of cayenne pepper or hot sauce. I have not tried variations of this dish because we like it as is but I think using pepper jack cheese or jack cheese with chilies would taste great. Yum!
When I make this again, I will probably add hot sauce and try jack cheese instead of cheddar.