Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
These are quick and tasy snacks and may be served with soup and part of an antipasto selection.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 30 g butter, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped mixed antipasto vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220 Degrees Celsius Lightly grease a scone try.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add butter. Rub in lightly using fingers. Stir in basil.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in combined milk and water reserving about 1 tbs.
- Using a knife mix quickly to a soft stcky dough. Dont overmix.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly. Press or roll out to form a rectangle 1cm thick.
- Sprinkle evenly with vegetables and cheeses.
- Roll to form a log and cut into 2cm thick slices.
- Arrange on the tray and brush with reserved milk mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.