Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My SIL gave me this recipe years ago and I never thought to put in on Zaar until my DD asked for the recipe. Very simple and inexpensive to make. I do not know about freezing it as I never have leftovers to freeze. I think it would freeze well once cooked. If someone does please share the directions. This recipe doubles and also reduces easily.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, chunked (can use more if yo have it)
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup flour (approx)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (approx)
- pepper (to season)
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine
- Layer potatoes on bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Layer ham chunks on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle flour over layer.
- Repeat layers finishing with potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with flour and put butter tabs on.
- Pour milk over casserole.
- Pepper to taste.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft.
- Sprinkle crushed chips or bread crumbs on top.
- Serve and smile.
This was a very good, and easy to make. My husband liked it a lot. I agree with the last review that the top layer was fairly chewy. I guesstimated on all of the ingredients, didn't measure anything just used up my ingredients I had on hand. I also added cheese as well. Very good overall!
Delicious & easy! I used our Easter ham leftovers, and added layers of shredded sharp cheddar cheese as well as some leftover asparagus tips. The only drawback was that the top layer of potatoes was chewy & hard. My husband (who usually hates leftovers) loved it! Thanks.