Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
My SIL gave me this recipe years ago and I never thought to put in on Zaar until my DD asked for the recipe. Very simple and inexpensive to make. I do not know about freezing it as I never have leftovers to freeze. I think it would freeze well once cooked. If someone does please share the directions. This recipe doubles and also reduces easily.
Top Review by Shannonlizz
This was a very good, and easy to make. My husband liked it a lot. I agree with the last review that the top layer was fairly chewy. I guesstimated on all of the ingredients, didn't measure anything just used up my ingredients I had on hand. I also added cheese as well. Very good overall!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, chunked (can use more if yo have it)
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup flour (approx)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (approx)
- pepper (to season)
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer potatoes on bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Layer ham chunks on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle flour over layer.
- Repeat layers finishing with potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with flour and put butter tabs on.
- Pour milk over casserole.
- Pepper to taste.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft.
- Sprinkle crushed chips or bread crumbs on top.
- Serve and smile.