Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a wonderful breakfast or brunch dish. I make several at one time so I can freeze some for a quick breakfast. Freeze in single portions, then reheat in the microwave or toaster oven.
Top Review by Mark H.
A very savory breakfast dish that is easy to prepare. Almost like a fritatta in a baking dish. I served it Christmas morning with toast and jelly. Everyone loved it. Next time, I think I''ll substitute some bacon for some of the little smokies and see how that works.
- 1 (1 lb) packagefully-cooked Little Smokies sausage
- 1 lb spicy bulk sausage
- 6 slices white bread (crusts removed, and cubed)
- 2 cups milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese, grated (more, if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut smokies in small pieces.
- Fry bulk sausage breaking into small pieces, and drain.
- Beat eggs, and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix all together and put in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake covered for 55 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 5-10 minutes more.
- Let set 5-10 minutes after removing, so eggs can set.