Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Another great brisket recipe from my mother. Not only is it simple as can be, but clean up is a breeze since the brisket is cooked in foil.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs lean beef brisket
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place brisket on a large piece of foil in a baking dish. Pour other ingredients over it. Seal foil.
- Bake at 325°F for 3 - 3/12 hours until meat is tender.
- Slice against the grain.
- NOTE: Just made a wonderful discovery! I had some leftovers that I had frozen a while ago. I thawed the leftovers out, shopped it very fine, and put it in a pot with about 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce (any kind you like.) And voila! BBQ brisket sandwiches. The kids LOVED them.
IÂ´ve been making this one for the past years too. Absolutely easy, no fuss, no mess and very delicious. Only for this recipe I have onion soup mix in the house. Sometimes I add a can of beer or two cups of red wine to the sauce - which is equally delicious.
This is delicious. I don't usually buy prepared soup mixes, but I will buy some more onion soup mix just to be able to make this brisket. Thanks, SheCooksToConquer! Made for PAC Fall 2007.