1/1 Photo of Angel Strawberry Bavarian
24 hrs 30 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This a simple and lovely dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream, chilled, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced and fanned for garnish
- mint leaf (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Prepare, bake and cool cake as directed on package. Cut cake into 1-inch cubes. Drain thawed strawberries, reserving juice.
- 3Combine gelatin and boiling water in small bowl. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add enough water to strawberry juice to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin. Refrigerate until gelatin is slightly thickened. Beat gelatin until foamy.
- 4Beat 1 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks form in large bowl. Fold into gelatin along with strawberries.
- 5Alternate layers of cake cubes and strawberry mixture into 10-inch tube pan. Press lightly. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- 6Unmold cake onto serving plate. Beat remaining 1-1/2 cups whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Frost sides and top of cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Strawberry Bavarian
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.9 mg
- Sodium 370.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g