Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce, traditionally served with veal shanks, also compliments Angel hair pasta, which is very fine and must be served immediately after being cooked. The sauce, Gremolata, is a lemon rind, garlic and parsley condiment.
- 2 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Grate yellow zest from lemons, being careful not to include any bitter white pith.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon zest, garlic and parsley.
- Set gremolata aside.
- Cook angel hair pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm, between 3 and 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, warm olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add gremolata and salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute, being careful not to burn garlic.
- Drain pasta and pour into pan.
- Toss to coat. Sprinkle parmesan cheese to top.
Excellent side pasta, I used whole wheat rotini instead of angel hair and only used one lemon's zest, and it turned out fine. Would go well with fish I think.
Light, tasty side dish. I added a little extra butter at the end as the angel hair was absorbing much of the sauce. It is easy and I almost have all the ingredients on hand.
If you LOVE lemon, if you LOVE garlic, and LOVE pasta, this combination gets all the LOVE. Lolly