Recipe by Ceezie
What could be easier and more delicious than layers of cake, pudding and berries in an English-inspired classic dessert!
- 16 ounces angel food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 8 ounces vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix, mix
- 4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups raspberries (optional)
- Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Make cake mix as directed on package, using cold water. Cool completely; tear cake into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, make pudding mixes as directed on package for pudding, using 4 cups milk and adding rum extract.
- Spoon one-third of the pudding into bottom of rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Layer with half of the cake pieces and half of the berries. Repeat layers, ending with remaining pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Garnish each serving with a dollop of whipped topping.