Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sherry and garlic, two stars of the Spanish cuisine, are paired to make a fantastic sauce.
Make and share this Andalusian Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the chicken and garlic, and saute over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the sherry and vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Strain the cooking liquid, pressing the garlic flesh through the strainer.
- Return the liquid to the pan, add the cream, and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Boil for 5 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to a coaitng consistency.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the juices that have collected on the plate.
- Heat through for a few minutes, spooning the sauce over the chicken until it is evenly coated.
- Taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary.
- Serve hot, garnished with tarragon leaves.