Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
The secret to the deep, rich flavor of this BBQ chicken? Ancho chile pepper powder and a couple of ounces of bittersweet chocolate. From kraftrecipes.com
- 2 squares baker's bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup kraft original barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile black pepper
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- 2 tablespoons hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Microwave chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute; stir until melted. Stir in barbecue sauce and ancho chile pepper powder.
- Grill chicken 1 hour 15 minutes or until done (internal temperature of 165°F), turning occasionally and brushing with 1/3 cup of the sauce the last 15 minutes.
- Add water to remaining sauce; stir until well blended. Serve with chicken.
- KRAFT KITCHEN'S TIPS SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve this flavorful chicken with smart sides such as a whole wheat roll and a crisp, mixed green salad.
- HOW TO PREVENT FOOD FROM STICK TO THE GRILL: Grease Grate to prevent food from sticking to the grill, lightly brush the grill grate with vegetable oil before preheating the grill. Or, spray the cold grate with cooking spray before heating the grill.
- KEEPING IT SAFE: Packaged fresh chicken should be refrigerated in the coldest part of the refrigerator. Freeze uncooked chicken if it is not to be used within 2 days. If properly packaged, frozen chicken will maintain top quality in a home freezer for up to 6 months.