Recipe by Chef Roxanne D.
Fluffy, low cal, vegan pancakes made with whole wheat flour and oat bran. My whole family loves them and don't seem to suspect for one minute that they're a diet friendly food item. They have a lovely oaty flavor to them and they're very filling. The only downside is they're not completely fat free, but they are very low in fat. See the nutritional information table for more details. Try these with your favorite sugar free syrup, jam or fresh fruit for a satisfying low cal breakfast. Enjoy.
Top Review by magpie diner
Very often vegan pancakes end up being large and thin, a bit rubbery. In this case though, they remained the size you poured and rose quite a bit. I found you have to cook them low & slow to get the inside cooked through properly. I love the addition of oat bran, and the cinnamon was nice. I didn't really detect the maple extract flavour very much, so you could easily sub vanilla if you had to. Thanks for an enjoyable breakfast!
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Almond Breeze non-dairy beverage
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (not maple syrup)
- 3 teaspoons liquid stevia, extract (or 3 packets of powdered stevia extract)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add all of the wet ingredients and whisk only until all ingredients are wet.
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of batter into the frying pan. Wait until bubbles form in the middle of the pancake and flip it over with a spatula. Cook until underside is golden brown and remove from pan. Repeat with remaining batter.