Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Try this as a topping for pancakes, muffins, scones or ham. It is good on cakes and on ice cream too. Mix in some nuts or pumpkin pie spice for a different variation. Make extra and freeze for future use.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups apples, peeled and coarsely chopped (chunky)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Melt butter over med high heat in a skillet.
- Saute apples 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and water and add to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 2 ot 3 minutes.
- Apples should be tender but remain firm.
I made this to top off our waffles this morning, excellent topper! Used sugar twin brown instead of the sugar and cut the amount in half. We used 2 granny smith apples, nice and tart and chunky. This topping would be good on just about anything, thanks for sharing Tebo, another keeper!!