Recipe by Wineaux
This recipe was in the Land O Lakes newsletter. Made them last night and they are a winner! I used Hersey's dark chocolate chips and added a teaspoon of vanilla. So quick and easy and chocolatey enough to please my DS, who is a chocolate fanatic. Will be making lots of these for the holidays!
- 1⁄4 cup land o lakes butter
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -4 teaspoons milk or 2 -4 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Melt butter and chocolate chips in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth (5 to 10 minutes). Remove from heat. Add condensed milk; stir until smooth. Add flour; mix well.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or just until set. (DO NOT OVERBAKE.) Cookies may appear slightly under baked. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar and vanilla in small bowl. Gradually stir in enough milk for desired glazing consistency. Drizzle over cookies.