Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my husbands favorite side dishes!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (or more!)
- -Wash spinach, drain. Heat butter & EVOO in skillet and add spinach & garlic. Cook until spinach is wilted. Put spinach In a strainer and press out liquid. Chop spinach.
- -In skillet add cream & nutmeg and reduce a bit-about 5 minutes. Add spinach, parmesean and pepper and cook about 5 minutes.