Amorous Nerdium's Note:
Spicy rendition of the classic tuna fish salad sandwich covered in melted cheese. You will need a sandwich maker. It is similar to a George Foreman grill, but it is made for sandwiches. It creases the bread to keep the insides from falling out once they melt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces tuna in water, drained well (not oil )
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped pretty fine
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip )
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce, roasted pepper
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno relish
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices American cheese, made with real milk (again, not oil )
- 1Pretty simple -- Just mix everything except the bread, cheese, and butter together in a bowl and let it sit for ten minutes or so.
- 2Preheat the sandwich maker.
- 3Butter one side of each piece of bread and lay them face down on a plate.
- 4On 4 pieces of bread, place one piece of cheese each. On top of cheese, divide up the tuna salad evenly. Top the tuna salad with a piece of cheese then a piece of the remaining bread.
- 5Place in sandwich maker and cook three minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amorous Nerdium's Tuna Fish Salad Melts
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.2
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 215.0 mg
- Sodium 1196.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: