Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very good version of baked apples.
- 8 -10 apples, cored,peeled & halved
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- Place apples in greased 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in ORDER given, in pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring until thick.
- Pour syrup over apples and bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
Brought me back a few years to when I was young and my grandma would make these for me. I love the cinnamon. Nothing better served with a big scoop of French Vanilla ice cream!
Excellent recipe! I couldn't find my apple cobbler recipe, so I searched for "baked apples" and this came up. I added about one cup oatmeal mixed into 2T melted butter, sprinkled over the top. Otherwise, everything stayed the same and it turned out great!