Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful use for sweet potatoes. From : "The Spirit of Christmas" book one , creative holiday ideas, 1987, page 137.
- 6 cups sliced sweet potatoes, cooked
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
- In a buttered 2-quart cassererole, alternate layers of potatoes and orange slices.
- mix pineapple, sugar,butter, and salt.
- Pour mixture over layers.
- Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 30 minutes.