1/1 Photo of Amazingly Delicious Chocolate Mousse
This is the first time I make chocolate mousse! This is not a recipe like the ones written in cookbooks because I just followed my instincts not some strict rules, but I can assure you it is AMAZING! It is also the first time I eat chocolate mousse and I am absolutely astonished by the texture and flavors. I think this will be the only way I am going to eat chocolate from now on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a saucepan one-third full with hot water, and in a bowl set on top, melt together the chocolate and coffee, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- 2I used a steam oven to melt the chocolate. It's easier and it is ready in 7-8 minutes.
- 3Whisk the egg yolks with 1 tbsp of sucanat and rum for about 3 minutes until the mixture is thick, like mayonnaise. (You can also use a handheld electric mixer.).
- 4Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks.
- 5Beat the egg whites with salt and vanilla in a separate bowl until you get a foamy texture.
- 6Fold the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture and whisk just until incorporated. Be careful not to over mix!
- 7Divide the mousse into serving dishes and place in bowls. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, until firm. ( I wasn't that patient so I ate it after only one hour. It had a sticky, caramel-like texture which I actually loved!).
- 8Extra ingredients:.
- 9I absolutely love spicy chocolate! If you want to taste something different add a pinch of chili powder in the chocolate mousse. It will be amazing!
- 10Also, you can get that spicy flavor by adding ground Sichuan pepper berries. Just a pinch or two are enough to get a unique aroma.
- 11If you want something with a seasonal flavor you can add some cinnamon and a pinch of ground cloves. It will smell and taste like Christmas!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazingly Delicious Chocolate Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.3
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 249.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: