Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made up this recipe the other day because I had a few sheets of phyllo pastry that needed to be used up, and I had read that they made amazing pies. Well, I can definitely say that that is a fact. This is a delicious pie that can be used as a main or a side dish to a meal. I used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and celery in mine, but you could use whatever veggies you happen to have on hand.
- Preheat the oven to 350-375 (sepending on the oven) degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9x13'' baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fold one sheet of phyllo in half and place in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Add another two sheets of phyllo in the same manner.
- Spread the steamed veggies evenly on top of the 3 sheets of phyllo.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream soup with the milk (add more or less until you get the desired consistency).
- Pour the cream mixture on top of the veggies.
- Top with the remaining sheets oh phyllo (folded in half) in the same manner as above (cooking spray between each layer).
- Melt the margarine in the microwave and spread with a brush on top of the pie (this will make the top nice and brown & crispy).
- Using a knife, cut a few slits in the top of the pie to allow a bit of the steam to escape.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is browned and the filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm.
was delicious. I didn't have the cream of mushroom, so it was even more dietetic! And it was so delicious, I wished I had made more of it!!!! Thank you!