1/3 Photos of Amazing Light Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
TaterBug! :)'s Note:
This is a great LIGHT pancake recipe. I recently adjusted the flour in this recipe at the reviewers suggestion. It is really important to use whole wheat pastry flour in these, I cannot stress that enough, it makes them so tender and fluffy. I like Bob's Red Mill, I adapted this recipe from one on the bobs red mill bag. If you want to make this lighter you can leave out the oil and use 1/4 cup egg whites instead of whole egg. This recipe is also high in fiber and you can use nonfat greek yogurt in place of regular yogurt to bring up the protein content as well. Sometimes I also add a few spoons of milled flax to add omega 3's. Another option I enjoy is to make these a little sweet by adding in a couple packets of splenda or stevia and a teaspoon of vanilla. Enjoy this healthy and very delicious recipe. It is also great with a little warm maple syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and yogurt together well, then add to dry ingredients.
- 3Stir until just combined then fold in blueberries.
- 4Fry pancakes on a hot oiled pan or griddle on medium high heat, wait until top is filled with bubbles to turn, turning once. Makes 6 pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Light Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 345.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g