Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great LIGHT pancake recipe. I recently adjusted the flour in this recipe at the reviewers suggestion. It is really important to use whole wheat pastry flour in these, I cannot stress that enough, it makes them so tender and fluffy. I like Bob's Red Mill, I adapted this recipe from one on the bobs red mill bag. If you want to make this lighter you can leave out the oil and use 1/4 cup egg whites instead of whole egg. This recipe is also high in fiber and you can use nonfat greek yogurt in place of regular yogurt to bring up the protein content as well. Sometimes I also add a few spoons of milled flax to add omega 3's. Another option I enjoy is to make these a little sweet by adding in a couple packets of splenda or stevia and a teaspoon of vanilla. Enjoy this healthy and very delicious recipe. It is also great with a little warm maple syrup.
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (or fruit of your choice)
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and yogurt together well, then add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined then fold in blueberries.
- Fry pancakes on a hot oiled pan or griddle on medium high heat, wait until top is filled with bubbles to turn, turning once. Makes 6 pancakes.
Very good pancake! A little bit thinner than I normally would like, so after the first pancake I added about 1/3 cup additional WW Pastry Flour. I used mixed berries instead of all blueberry, delicious flavor and VERY true to the title! Thanks TaterBug! Made for Spring 2009 PAC