Recipe by AndreaVT96
Oh my gosh, this is soooo good! Different than most pizzas that you might come across and different than the other couple of eggplant parmesan recipes that I saw on 'Zaar. The marinara sauce really brings out the flavor of the veggies. And it includes not just eggplant but zucchini as well. Mmm! The crushed red pepper adds a bit of spice, so if you want to tone it down, you might leave that off--but I liked it as is.
- 1 cup sliced zucchini (1/2 inch thick slices)
- 1 lb eggplant, sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 14 ounces pizza crusts, such as Boboli
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup turkey pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place zucchini and eggplant in a single layer on 2 baking sheets that have been coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat eggplant and zucchini with cooking spray as well.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes on each side or until tender and lightly browned.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet.
- Spread marinara sauce over crust, leaving a one-inch border.
- Layer the veggies over the sauce and top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.