Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Oh my gosh, this is soooo good! Different than most pizzas that you might come across and different than the other couple of eggplant parmesan recipes that I saw on 'Zaar. The marinara sauce really brings out the flavor of the veggies. And it includes not just eggplant but zucchini as well. Mmm! The crushed red pepper adds a bit of spice, so if you want to tone it down, you might leave that off--but I liked it as is.
- 1 cup sliced zucchini (1/2 inch thick slices)
- 1 lb eggplant, sliced in 1/4 inch slices
- 14 ounces pizza crusts, such as Boboli
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup turkey pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place zucchini and eggplant in a single layer on 2 baking sheets that have been coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat eggplant and zucchini with cooking spray as well.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes on each side or until tender and lightly browned.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet.
- Spread marinara sauce over crust, leaving a one-inch border.
- Layer the veggies over the sauce and top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.