Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These yams are so good. You can increase the ingredients to make a larger amount.
- 1 large yam (extra-large)
- 1⁄8 lemon flavoring
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter (soften)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (sprinkled)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (sprinkled)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- honey, to glaze the top with
- Peel a extra large yam. Cut yam into thin slices and layer across a small Pyrex dish.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle the lemon flavoring over the top of the yams and mix. Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the yams while stirring to mix in the seasonings.
- Glaze the top of the yams with honey and place in the oven uncovered.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes and stir occasionally. Cook until the edges are burned and the yams are tender.