Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Martha Stewart Cookie Cookbook.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Process almonds and confectioners' sugar in a food processor until ground to a fine powder.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Put egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into almond mixture; fold in almond extract.
- Transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2 inch plain round tip.
- Pipe 20, 2 inch rings onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer cookies on parchment to wire racks; let cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.