By far the best and healthiest Thai Peanut I've EVER tasted. It's highly requested by family and friends!!! This quick recipe is just for two people, but it doubles and triples extremely well when we have company over. Give it a try!!
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package fettuccine (not the wheat noodles)
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- In a large pot, cook fettucini as directed. Towards the end of the pasta cooking, add the broccoli into the pot to cook for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- In a greased large saucepan, heat garlic on med-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, ginger, and brown sugar into the saucepan. Allow to cook another 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and peanut butter to the saucepan. Use a spaghetti spoon or whisk to mix in the peanut butter to the liquid to form a sauce.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, add the cooked pasta/broccoli to the saucepan. Mix well. Add the carrot. Mix well to prevent clumps.